3. How do I make a homeless application
You should contact your local Housing Options Team to make a homeless application or be referred by a partnership agency. They will book you an appointment to see a Housing Options Officer who will assess if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days.
We offer appointments for you to see an officer at Forde House, Newton Abbot. If you are unable to attend we can offer a telephone appointment. You may be required to make a face to face appointment for us to be able to support you in your housing situation.
If you are not homeless or threatened with homelessness, we can continue to work with you to help and support you with your housing situation but this may be with another member of the Housing Team.
The homeless application will assess
- your current housing situation
- who is in your household and their information
- any medical conditions you and your family may have
- any support needs you and your family may have
- what solution you would like to your housing situation