4. What do I need to bring?
We will need to see evidence of who you are, your income and any evidence that you are homeless. When you call your local Housing Options Team, they will advise you what documents to bring to your appointment. If you can bring all of the documents to your interview, we can process your application more quickly and provide more immediate advice and support to help you.
You are likely to be asked to bring with you:
- proof of ID for you and all members of your household
- proof of pregnancy
- proof of National Insurance Number for all adults in your household
- any evidence to show you may be at risk of homelessness (e.g. copy of a notice served, hospital discharge letter, mortgage repossession letters etc.)
- proof of income (e.g. Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Personal Independence Payments, Child Tax Credits, Universal Credit, Wage slips etc.)
- your last three months bank statements for all accounts held
- proof of any medical condition and medication for you or one of your family members
You may also be asked to bring:
- proof of debts
- a copy of your tenancy agreement
- contact details for your landlord, or a friend or family member that is asking you to leave
- copies of any court orders that may relate to your housing situation