1. How is local connection defined
In most cases, you will need what is called a Local Connection to receive the most amount of help with your housing situation.
You will have a local connection if you fulfil one of the following criteria:
- you have lived in that area for six of the last twelve months
- you lived in that area for 3 out of the last 5 years
- you have employment in that area on a permanent basis
- you have strong family connection in the area and the family member of members have lived there for a minimum of 5 years
The family members who give a family connection are:
- a mother
In some special circumstances other family members may be considered.
You do not get a local connection to an area if you are in prison or an institution in that area. You will be considered as having a local connection to the area you had lived before you went into the prison or institution.