2. Professionals only - Public Services with Duty to Refer
The following services are required to complete a duty to refer
- youth offender institutions
- secure training centres and colleges
- probation services including rehabilitation companies
- Jobcentre Plus
- social services authorities
- accident and emergency services provided in hospital
- urgent treatment centres
- hospitals when providing in-patient care
The Secretary of State for Defence is also subject to the duty to refer in relation to members of the regular forces (Royal Navy, Royal Marines, the regular army and the Royal Air Force).
If your agency is not listed, you may still refer service users providing your service user agrees to be referred.