If you are homeless or threatened with homelessness then is important to seek advice at the earliest opportunity.
Young Devon provides a Young Persons Homelessness Prevention Service for 16 and 17 year olds and Care Leavers.
Young Devon can support you before things get to crisis point at home or in your current accommodation, and you find yourself with nowhere to live. They will help mediate between you and the people you live with. Young and contact other services that may be able to help you to find what you are looking for.
Young Devon can:
- provide advice on accommodation options and complete referrals for supported accommodation
- give advice on managing your money
- provide training on how to keep your own rented accommodation
- help you to make a claim at the Job Centre or online
- help you to identify appropriate accommodation.
- provide access to a computer for accommodation searches.
- give you access to a washing machine and shower if you need it.
You can visit Young Devon at the YES Centre in Newton Abbot.