3. Support and advice
Splitz is an independent charity supported by local authorities in Devon (excluding Plymouth and Torbay) to provide support to children and adults who are experiencing domestic abuse. They provide
- independent information, advice and guidance from specially trained staff
- one to one support from a dedicated support worker who will help you form a plan and help you to improve your safety and wellbeing
- workshops for women to identify, comes to terms with and overcome the impact of domestic abuse
- one to one support for children and young people if they have witnessed or been part of the abuse
- if you are assessed as a person or family at high risk then you will be allocated an Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) to provide you additional safety planning and support in attending court
- Voluntary Perpetrator Programme which is a group programme for men who want to change their behaviour
- support to access refuges that provide not only safe accommodation but ongoing support during what can be, a very difficult time in your life
You can refer yourself to Splitz by calling 0345 155 1074 alternatively, if you would prefer you can complete an online referral form.
Alternatively you can get support from Women’s Aid which is a national charity on 0808 2000 247.