8. Future housing - supported accommodation
Supported accommodation is specialised housing for those with additional support needs that cannot always be met within independent accommodation. The type of accommodation varies between supported accommodation providers.
It could be shared accommodation or a self-contained room with your own cooking and bathing facilities. You will have an allocated key worker in most supported accommodation who will help support you in your placement and support you with moving on when you are ready to.
The support provided may include:
- support to access other services such as drug/alcohol support services
- tenancy management
- budgeting and support with benefit claims
- specialised support for people with a history of offending
- assistance to secure alternative accommodation when you are ready to move on
There is specialist supported accommodation for Care leavers, 16-18 year olds and those 18-65 with identified support needs.
If you would like to be referred to suitable supported accommodation, contact your Resettlement Officer or Catch 22 at the prison, or call your local housing options team.