Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Drug and alcohol

Show all parts of this guide

1. Substance misuse and housing

If you are aged 18 or over and have drug or alcohol issues, finding and sustaining your accommodation may be more difficult. It may be causing or contributing towards arguments in your home with parents, partner or other friends and family. You may be struggling for money to pay your bills if you are spending money on drugs or alcohol. This could be causing you to get into debt or you may be at risk of losing your home because of your substance misuse issues.

You may wish to get advice and support to help you reduce, manage or give up drugs and alcohol. Together drug and alcohol service cover the Teignbridge area.

In order to achieve this, they work closely with Outreach Services, Teignbridge District Council Housing Options Team, Sanctuary Supported Living and other local services to try and provide joined up approach to your meeting support needs.