SPRinT is a private rented access scheme which we operate to assist people into properties which are affordable, have been inspected to ensure that they have all the correct certifications, and are free from hazards.
How SPRinT can help:
- help applying for loans and grants to cover a deposit, rent in advance and agency/admin fees
- offer Deposit Guarantee for those who can’t raise enough money to pay for a deposit
- help identifying suitable properties
- advice around affordable rents
- referrals to other support services
- help completing Housing Benefit forms
What is a Deposit Guarantee?
This is a way of covering a deposit when you can’t afford it yourself. It is a written agreement instead of a cash deposit.
A Deposit Guarantee lasts for a maximum of 12 months, giving you a year to save your own deposit.
The Deposit Guarantee would cover up to a month’s rent in the event that any damage was caused at the property.
Are you eligible?
You will need to meet all of the following criteria:
- homeless or facing homelessness
- on a low income or in receipt of benefits
- local to the Teignbridge area
- a good tenant, with no history of rent arrears, nuisance or of damaging a property
- happy to explore renting from a private landlord
- not having enough money to secure rented accommodation
- aged 18+