Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Club premises certificates

Show all parts of this guide

1. Information on club premises certificates

Apply for a club premises certificate

You can apply for a club premises certificate if you’re a qualifying members club and you want to provide licensable activities to your club members and their guests.

The relevant licensable activities are:

  • the supply of alcohol to club members and their guests
  • the provision of regulated entertainment to club members and their guests. This includes: 
    • performance of a play
    • exhibition of a film
    • indoor sporting events
    • boxing or wrestling (indoor or outdoor)
    • live music
    • recorded music
    • dance

What is a qualifying club?

To qualify for a certificate, your club must make sure that:

  • it has premises that are occupied and used regularly for club purposes
  • alcohol and entertainment is only provided to members and their guests
  • only someone 18 or older who is nominated by the club can serve alcohol or buy it at the club
  • there is no arrangement for anyone to benefit financially from buying or selling alcohol
  • new members wait two days from their application before getting membership privileges
  • it is established and conducted in good faith
  • it has at least 25 members

Please do not display your blue public notice or advertise in a newspaper until you receive confirmation from the Licensing Team that your application has been accepted