1. How to apply for the variation of a Club Certificate
The process to vary a club certificate is similar to the variation of a premises licence.
Clubs can also apply for small changes to their certificate under a minor variation as long as these have no adverse impact on the licensing objectives.
The licensing objectives are:
- the prevention of crime and disorder
- public safety
- the prevention of public nuisance
- the protection of children from harm
In addition to a plan of the premises and a club operating schedule, clubs must also include the rules of the club with their application.
There is a fee payable for a change of club rules.
There is a fee payable for the Variation. The fee payable will be based on the rateable value of the club. If you are unsure of what the rateable value is you can check here - Rateable Value.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- a credit/debit card
- submit an application form and serve a copy on the responsible authorities (if served by email or post)
- copy of the club rules
- submit a play of the premises if you are changing the layout
- display a Public Notice outside the premises for 28 days (from the day after the application is submitted) on pale blue paper. Send a copy of the notice to us.
- place advert in local paper within ten days of submission of application. Send a copy of the page to us showing it has been advertised.
- when we receive your application we will check it to make sure it has been completed correctly. We will telephone you if we require any further information
- once a complete application has been accepted there will be 28 days (from the day after we accept the application) when anyone can make a representation
- if no representations are received your application will be granted and we will send your premises certificate in the post
- if representations are received which cannot be mediated, the application will need to go before the Licensing sub committee within 20 working days of the close of representations
- you will be advised a minimum of 10 working days prior to the licensing sub committee taking place
- we will normally let you have a decision on the day and this will be followed up in writing
If you have any further queries, please contact us.