Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Complaints about a skin piercing business

Tattooing anyone under 18 years of age is a criminal offence and should be reported to the police for action.

Consumer complaint

If you are not happy with the quality of work received from a registered practitioner then you should first contact the business to discuss this with them. You are advised to do this in writing. If this doesn't resolve the problem you can contact Citizens Advice who will be able to give you advice.

Complaint about a premises or practitioner

If you have a complaint about the way a premises or practitioner is operating, or if you believe the work you received has caused an infection or other health related condition, then you can report this to us online

Trade associations


When this content has been updated

Last updated 22 December 2020