3. Third Lockdown Business Grants - LRSG (Closed) Addendum & Top Up Grants
The Government has made a grant scheme available to support businesses required to close by the National Restrictions imposed on 5 January 2021. Cash grants are available to eligible businesses.
The list of business types which must close for this new period includes businesses providing non-essential retail; personal care facilities; hospitality venues and leisure/entertainment can be viewed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home#businesses-and-venues
Businesses that successfully claimed the LRSG Lockdown grant for November 2020 will have been contacted directly with an access code to make their application.
If you have not received an access code, you will need to complete the full application form using the link below.
You can apply if :
- you were open and trading up to 5 January 2021
- you have been told to close from 5 January 2021
- you depend on providing direct in person services to visiting members of the public
- you have a business rates account
- your business appeared in the rating list on 5 January 2021
The amount of grant funding received is dependent on the rateable value (RV) of your premises :
- less than or equal to £15,000 will receive £2,001
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £3,000
- equal to £51,000 and above will receive £4,500
Payment of this grant covers a six week period.
The Government has also made available Closed Business Top Up Grants, which are a one off payment in addition to the National Lockdown grant award. The one off Top Up Grant is based on the rateable value of your premises :
- less than or equal to £15,000 will receive £4,000
- over £15,000 and less than £51,000 will receive £6,000
- equal to £51,000 and above will receive £9,000
Successful applications will receive both the six week payment and the equivalent top up grant in one payment transaction.
This grant scheme is only available to new applications until 31 March 2021.
You cannot apply if :
- You have chosen to close but have not been required to
- the majority of your business remains open. This allows for restaurants/pubs/other businesses which must be closed to public entry (losing the majority of normal trade) to still claim LRSG if a smaller permitted part of the business (e.g. take away/click and collect/delivery) remains in operation
- the business was in administration, insolvent or a striking-off notice had been made on or prior to the 5 January 2021
- you will exceed the limit for state aid under subsidy rules
Start the journey
More info about the journey
If you previously received an LRSG Grant for the November lockdown you will need the access code that has been sent to you by email.
You will also need to enter the exact same bank account and sort code that the previous grant award was paid to.
You will need your Business Rates Account Reference.
If you did not previously receive an LRSG Grant for the November lockdown, you will need to complete the full form, providing your Business Rate Reference, Company Number, VAT Number, Charity Number or Unique Tax Code, and upload evidence of your bank account and a Utility Bill.
When you submit your application you will receive an acknowledgement email and then a follow up email with the grant conditions.
Once your application is approved you will receive a payment to your nominated bank account within 3 working days.
If your application is not approved you will receive further contact from us by email.
We expect to receive hundreds of applications so please bear with us while we work to process these as quickly as possible.