Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Development Plan
Information relating to the Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Plan referendum that took place on 5 May 2016
Newton Abbot is 'Made' and forms part of Development Plan
The Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Plan was approved to be 'Made' (adopted) by a Teignbridge District Council Executive meeting on 14th June 2016.
This approval follows a successful referendum held on Thursday 5th May 2016 in which 80% of voters in Newton Abbot supported the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
The Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Development Plan now forms part of the suite of Teignbridge Local Development Plan Documents and is a material consideration in the determination of planning applications in the Parish of Newton Abbot.
A copy of the formal Decision Statement bringing the Newton Abbot in legal force and the 'Made' Neighbourhood Plan can be viewed below:
Hard copies of the plan can also be viewed at:
Teignbridge District Council Office, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX (between Mon to Thursday 8.30pm to 5pm & Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm)
Newton Abbot Town Council, 9 Devon Square, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2HN (between Monday to Friday 8.30am to 1pm and 2pm to 4.30pm
The Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Planning Referendum specified documents below provided the information in respect of the referendum.
- Newton Abbot NDP Referendum - Declaration of Result of Poll [123kb]
- Notice of Referendum [74kb]
- Information Statement [739kb]
- Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Development Plan (Referendum Version) [3Mb]
- Newton Abbot Designated Neighbourhood Area [2Mb]
- Newton Abbot NDP Basic Conditions Statement [1Mb]
- Newton Abbot NDP Consultation Statement [5Mb]
- Examiner's Report on the Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Development Plan [263kb]
- Newton Abbot NDP Steering Group - Response to Examiner's Comments [495kb]
- Newton Abbot NDP - Representations Received on Submission Draft Plan [150kb]
- Newton Abbot NDP Representations received on the Pre-Submission Document [286kb]
- Newton Abbot NDP Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Screening Statement [124kb]
- Newton Abbot NDP Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) [174kb]
- Teignbridge District Council Decision Notice [69kb]
The Newton Abbot Neighbourhood Area was approved on 8 May 2014.
A full copy of the application can be seen below:
Newton Abbot Area Designation Draft Application Letter [190kb]
Newton Abbot Supporting Statement Final [184kb]
Newton Abbot Designated Neighbourhood Area [2Mb]
For further information about the Plan, please contact: