5. Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan
Making of Plan/Adoption
Following the successful Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan referendum the Executive Committee resolved to Make/Adopt the Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan as part of the Development Plan for the District.
The Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan will now be used to determine planning applications in the parish area alongside the adopted Local Plan.
A hard copy of the Decision Statement is available to view on the parish notice board and at our office.
A hard copy of the Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan is available to view at our office.
All those previously requested to be notified of the decision to make the plan will be informed and a copy of the decision Statement forwarded to them.
The Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan referendum took place on Thursday 15 February 2018. Voters were asked the question:
“Do you want Teignbridge District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Ogwell to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?”
91% of those who submitted a ballot voted in favour of using the Neighbourhood Plan to help it decide planning applications.
The full results of the Poll are available to view below:
The formal decision on the Adoption/Making of the Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan will be made by Executive of the Council on 5 April 2018.
If approved, the Plan will form part of the our Development Plan and will be used alongside the Local Plan to decide planning applications within the Ogwell Parish.
Supporting documents are available to view below:
The Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan Examination has been completed by the appointed examiner, Barbara Maksymiw.
The Examiner has recommended that with a number of modifications the Ogwell Neighbourhood plan should proceed to referendum.
The Examiners report was received by us on 19 October 2017 and is available below:
Ogwell Parish Council have formally approved the modifications on 13 November 2017.
We have formally approved the Ogwell Neighbourhood Development Plan to proceed to referendum on 15 November 2017. The formal confirmation of this decision is available in the Decision Statement to Proceed to Referendum below:
Submission of Neighbourhood Plan to Examination (Regulation 17)
The Ogwell Parish Council, as the qualifying body, formally submitted the Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan to us for the Publicity Stage as required by the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations.
The submission materials were reviewed and checked to ensure regulatory compliance. Formal confirmation of our acceptance of the Plan to proceed to the Regulation 16 Publicity period was provided on 15 June 2017.
The Publicity Period ran from 6 July 2017 until 5pm 18 August 2017.
The period for representations on the Ogwell Neighbourhood Plan has now closed.
A copy of the relevant Neighbourhood Plan documents submitted to the Examiner are available below:
Hard copies of these documents can also be viewed at the following locations:
- Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 4XX (between 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm, Friday)
- Cool for Cats Cattery, Moorview Farm, TQ12 6BZ (between 10am to 11.30am, Monday to Friday)
- The Jolly Sailor Pub, East Ogwell, TQ12 6AW (between 6pm to 9pm, Monday to Sunday)
- Ogwell Memorial Hall, East Ogwell,TQ12 6AJ
- Canada Hill Primary School, Abbotsridge Drive, Ogwell, TQ12 6YS (during school hours- term time only)The Ogwell Neighbourhood Area was approved on 8 July 2015 after the Parish Council sought the designation of the parish area.Details of the application:Ogwell Designated Neighbourhood AreaFor further information on the Neighbourhood Plan please contact:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.ogwell.org
- Rita Hannaford (Parish Clerk) Tel: 01626 367313
- Ogwell Neighbourhood Area Designation Confirmation
- Neighbourhood Area Designation Request
- Ogwell are currently preparing their Neighbourhood Plan.
The Ogwell Neighbourhood Area was approved on 8 July 2015 after the Parish Council sought the designation of the parish area.
Ogwell are currently preparing their Neighbourhood Plan.
Details of the application:
For further information on the Neighbourhood Plan please contact:
Rita Hannaford (Parish Clerk) Tel: 01626 367313