Rate This Page

Did you find this page useful?

Very Useful Quite Useful
Not at all

text size
- +


translate this site into different languages

Are there rats or mice in your home?

We offer a free baiting service for the eradication of rats and mice in your home.

What to do if you have Rats and Mice in your home

If you think you have rats or mice in your house or garden and would like a visit from the Environmental Health team.

The easy way to report the issue to the team is to complete an online form by clicking on the blue image.

Click here to Do It Online

Customers will be asked to complete a Disclaimer by the Contractors.  An example can be found here pdf icon CMPC Disclaimer [95kb]

Rats and Mice in your neighbour's property

If you notice rats or mice in a neighbour's property or on their land the Environmental Health Team can investigate and require the landowner to make sure it is kept free from rodents. 
The easy way to report it to us is to complete an online form by clicking on the image.

Click here to Do It Online

If you find a dead rat or mouse you should wrap it up in newspaper and place it in the black wheelie bin.

For all other pests

Ants, beetles, bees, wasps, fleas etc, you will need to employ Pest Control contractors (found in yellow pages or the Online Yellow Pages)  A range of fact sheets are located in the download area. 

Insect identification

We offer a free insect identification service. You will need to take a sample to the reception at Forde House or post a clearly labelled sample to the Council offices in Newton Abbot.  The Environmental Control team will identify it and contact you with details and any treatment necessary.