Planning and Building Control
The Planning Department is responsible for dealing with all planning matters within Teignbridge
with the exception of:
- Sites within Dartmoor National Park which has its own planning authority.
- Minerals, Waste and applications for development by Devon County Council all of which are dealt with by Devon County Council
We encourage the use of self help via the website. Users who do not have access to the internet may use facilities at the following places which are open to the public www.teignbridge.gov.uk/getonline
Over the next year and a half we will be preparing a Teignbridge Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) to support high quality development within the district. We would like to hear what you think about the content while we are developing it. Please send any comments you would like to share with us to firstname.lastname@example.org. There will also be a formal consultation exercise prior to adoption once the content is finalised.
Planning Applications and Appeals
- View and comment on Planning Applications and Appeals
- Do I need Planning Permission to ....?
- Pre-application planning advice
- Applying for planning permission
- Teignbridge Local Plan 2013 - 2033
- Neighbourhood Planning
- Development Framework Plans
- Sustainability Appraisal/Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Design and Heritage
Enforcement and Monitoring
- Making an Enforcement Complaint
- Planning Enforcement Policy and Procedure
- What is an Enforcement Notice
- View Enforcement Notices
- Contact Planning
Devon Building Control is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the design, approval and construction of buildings across Teignbridge, South Hams, West Devon and Dartmoor National Park.
Regeneration projects arising from Parish and town plans are implemented by a variety of different groups and organisations.