Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Exe Estuary/Dawlish Warren Habitat Mitigation

Show all parts of this guide

6. How do I pay - in advance or by legal agreement

You can pay by making an advance payment or by legal agreement

Payment in advance

This is the simplest option.  You can make payment in full when you submit your planning application.

There is no administration fee for making this payment. If your application is refused we will refund the payment made (less a £65 admin fee) after the time period for appeal has expired.

Please make your payment online. Advance payment for HRA Standard Mitigation Contribution

You will need to know the reference number of your application and the amount that you are required to pay, which will either have been advised to you by our Validation Staff or will have calculated yourself by referring to the  How much is the mitigation webpage.

Legal agreement

If you would rather enter into a legal agreement (called a unilateral undertaking) then when you submit your planning application, you'll also need to complete applicant information form for HRA.  Our legal team will then make contact with you and make the arrangements for completion of a Unilateral Undertaking prior to determination of the development. There is a legal fee of £250 which is payable immediately and is non refundable.

Alternatively for larger developments, the contribution can be included in a S106 Agreement. In this case you should submit a Heads of Terms for the S106 Agreement, including the Habitat Regulations mitigation contribution.