2. Planning Guidance within the South Hams SAC
The Council has worked with partners to produce guidance on when and how Appropriate Assessments should be undertaken for the South Hams SAC.
The South Hams SAC Planning Guidance includes:
- A map showing the SAC itself, Sustenance Zones around the designated roosts and a wider Landscape Connectivity Zone around the roosts;
- A live map on the DCC Environment Viewer which also shows Pinch Points and Mitigation Measures provided for SAC bats;-’
- What development is likely to impact SAC bats;
- How an Appropriate Assessment will be undertaken by the Council;
- Required survey methodology; and
- Mitigation measures which may be required.
This guidance was adopted by Teignbridge Planning Committee on 24 October 2017.