2. Submitting a Land Charges search
By clicking the 'Start' button below you will be taken to our online land charges search facility. You will need to register and require:
- the full postal address
- a plan clearly defining the extent of the land
- a debit/credit card for payment
We are currently experiencing high search volumes and results are taking between 5 and 10 working days
You will need to pay the correct fee by:
- debit/credit card to 01626 215124/215123
- BACs payment (for NLIS searches only)
Please note: planning history is only revealed from 1 August 1977.
The option of visiting our offices as below is not available during the coronavirus outbreak. Contact landcharges@Teignbridge.gov.uk if this is causing you difficulties.
Alternatively you can research the land/property yourself as a personal search or under the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR). You will need to visit our offices and use one of the computers in our reception area which has the data loaded as map layers. You cannot access this online. There is no charge.
Our Guidance on the CON29R details how to access the information yourself.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
To use this service you will need to create an account through MyAccount. This is a new system and any previous accounts you may have created in relation to land charges will not work. If you already have a MyAccount you will be able to log in.
You will receive confirmation of your application via email. Search results will follow within 5 working days.
Alternatively, you could request a search:
- by email to email@example.com
- by post to Land Charges, Teignbridge District Council, Forde House, Brunel Road, Newton Abbot, Devon TQ12 4XX
- via the National Land Information Service (NLIS). This hub enables solicitors and licensed conveyancers to submit searches to us and receive the results electronically. Please contact us if you are interested in registering.