5. Call for Sites
- the increased need for housing will be addressed through a ‘call for sites'
- anyone wishing to promote land for housing or commercial development had the opportunity to submit their site for consideration between 21 May and 10 September 2018.
- these submissions form a database of potential sites, called the ‘Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment’ (or HELAA)
- an initial assessment of sites will be undertaken over Winter and Spring 2018/19
- the potential sites will be assessed by a panel of professional stakeholders in Spring 2019
- this assessment will inform the sites chosen as possible development sites for the Local Plan Review
View the related Local Plan chapter