1. Draft Local Plan Review (Part 3) - Renewable Energy, Gypsy and Travellers and Residential Sites Options – Consultation CLOSED
The consultation on the Draft Local Plan 2020-2040 (Part 3) is now closed. It ran for 10 weeks from noon on 15 November 2021 until noon on 24 January 2022. This consultation followed on from our previous consultations.
Although we previously asked for comments on residential sites as part of the Draft Local Plan 2020-2040 (Part 2) consultation, national government requires at least 10% of our housing to be built on small sites, of 1 hectare or less. This is to provide a range of site sizes to appeal to different types of developers/builders. Therefore, the Part 3 consultation focused on some additional small sites for residential development, as well as sites for wind turbine, solar and gypsy and traveller development.
The Draft Local Plan (Part 3) set out options for where different types of development could be located. The information included within the plan shows all of the development options that are available for public comment, including:
- potential sites for wind turbines and solar,
- a potential gypsy and traveller site and
- potential small residential sites
Information also includes each of the different site options, including the proposed use, a map, and the sensitivities affecting each site.
No decisions have yet been taken as to where development might take place. The purpose of the consultation was to seek views on the options for development.
The following documents were included in the consultation:
Draft Local Plan 2020-2040 (Part 3) – Wind Sites Options, Gypsy and Traveller Site Option and Small Residential Sites Options
- Renewable Energy – Wind
- Renewable Energy – Solar
- Providing for Gypsies and Travellers
- Small Residential Sites
SA/SEA of the Teignbridge Local Plan
- Stage B Report of the SA/SEA for Part 3
- Appendix A - SA Assessment of Wind Sites
- Appendix B – SA Assessment of Small residential Sites
- Appendix C - SA Assessment of Gypsy and Traveller Sites
- Appendix D - SA Methodology for Renewable Energy Sites
- Appendix E - SA Methodology for Small sites and Gypsy and traveller sites
HRA of the Teignbridge Local Plan
- Need to know Guide
- Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment (HELAA)
- Low Carbon Evidence Base
All of the comments that we have received during this consultation will be considered, along with all comments that we have received during our previous consultations, and this feedback will help to produce the next version of the Local Plan 2020-2040. This version, which is called the “Proposed Submission Local Plan 2020-2040”, will combine Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the Draft Local Plan. When we publish this, we will also publish a Consultation Statement, which sets out how we have taken all of the comments we have received into account when preparing the Plan.