1. Submission of Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum
The Bovey Parish Neighbourhood Plan Referendum will take place on Thursday 3 February 2022.
Voters will be asked the question:
“Do you want Teignbridge District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Bovey Parish to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?”
The supporting Referendum Documents are available to view:
- Bovey Parish Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum Version
- Referendum Information Statement
- Referendum Timetable
- Report of the Independent Examiner
- Regulation 16 Responses Submitted to Independent Examiner
Documents can also be viewed in hard copy at the following locations and times:
- Riverside Community Centre, Station Road, Bovey Tracey, TQ13 9AW (Mon-Sat 9am-2pm)
- Heathfield Community Centre, 10 Cannon Road, Heathfield, TQ12 6SH (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm)
Only people who live in Bovey Parish who are on the electoral register will be eligible to vote. Anyone living in the Parish who is not on the electoral register can still vote providing they register by 18 January.
Examination of Neighbourhood Plan
The appointed independent examiner, Mrs Barbara Maksymiw MRTPI completed the Examination and issued the final report in December 2021.
The examiner recommended a number of modifications to ensure the Bovey Parish Neighbourhood Plan meets the Basic Conditions and subject to these changes should proceed to Referendum.
The recommended modifications were subsequently approved by Bovey Tracey Town Council, Dartmoor National Park Authority and Teignbridge District Council.
The modified Bovey Parish Neighbourhood Development Plan was formally approved by Teignbridge District Council to proceed to Referendum on 8 December 2021.