5. Engagement and consultation
Community engagement is important for a number of reasons:
- it gains local support, develops consensus, avoids misconceptions and creates confidence in the process
- it allows you to draw on local knowledge and better understand your community
- it ensures better, more realistic and deliverable outcomes
- it is a statutory requirement of the Neighbourhood Planning process to provide a Consultation Statement showing the process that you go through
For more information, see Locality Neighbourhood Plans Roadmap Guide pages 27-33.