8. Who makes the planning decision?
Around 90% of decisions are made by the Senior Planning Officers under delegated powers and applications only go to the Planning Committee for the following reasons:
- at the request of the Ward Member or Chairman of Planning Committee for a valid planning reason.
- at the request of the Business Manager - Development Management if he considers it appropriate.
- major applications (10 or more dwellings / site area 0.5 hectares or more/floor space 1,000 square metres or more) which are a departure from the Development Plan
- applications (excluding works to trees applications) on our land or where we are the applicant.
- applications where a member of staff or Councillor is the applicant or owns the site.
If an application goes to planning committee anyone who has commented on it will be advised. Members of the public may view proceedings from the public gallery. If you wish to speak at a Planning Committee Meeting please contact our Committee Section on 01626 215112.
The committee agenda including the committee reports is published five working days before each Planning Committee, which is held monthly. Dates of future planning committees
Committee agendas, summaries of decisions and minutes are available on the Committee meetings and agendas webpage.
The Committee Report (from the agenda) and decision (from the minutes) is also displayed on the individual application online.