3. How do I pay CIL?
You should complete a CIL Questionnaire and submit it with your planning application.
- we will send you a liability notice with your planning permission decision notice.
- you must submit an assumption of liability form before commencing the development
- you must submit a commencement notice before commencing the development
- all the above forms are available on the government website CIL forms
- we will send you a demand notice and invoice you once you have advised us that development is commencing. You must advise us in advance.
- you can normally pay by four half yearly instalments.
- you must ensure that you submit the correct forms in the correct timescales as failure to do so could leave you liable to pay the full amount immediately together with surcharges.
You must ensure that you do not start work (including any demolition on site) before we have confirmed receipt of the correct forms, as you could be liable to pay the full amount immediately together with surcharges.