7. Apply for a street name or number for new properties
By clicking the 'Start' button below you will be taken to our online application.
You will need to contact us to do any of the following:
- name/number a new building
- sub-divide or convert existing building(s)
- build new developments
All suggestions for new numbers or names for streets or buildings will be considered against our procedure on Street Naming and Numbering.
For new developments you must submit a plan showing the road layouts, plot numbers and any suggested house numbers or names. Where the development includes flats, please supply internal layout plans.
- check it meets with our Street Naming and Numbering procedure
- consult the relevant town or parish council where appropriate
- consult Royal Mail who may comment on the proposal
You may be asked to provide a second choice if the address/street name is likely to cause confusion. Once agreed, we will pass on details to the emergency services, Land Registry, Valuation Office and other sections of the council, including council tax and elections.
Start the journey
More info about the journey
- you will need to register
- you will need a plan for new developments
We will contact you to either agree to your suggestion, or discuss alternatives.