Show all parts of this guide

2. Is my tree protected?

If the tree is on private land and is protected by a Tree Preservation Order (tpo) or is in a Conservation Area you will need to apply to us for permission to undertake any work on the tree.

Click on the 'Start' button to view protected trees and conservation areas on a map.

If the tree is on highways land you will need to contact Devon County Council by email to or on 01392 380160.

If the tree is on Teignbridge Council owned land please contact 01626 215878.


Start the journey


More info about the journey