By clicking the 'Start' button below you can submit an online complaint.
You will need the following information:
- the address of the site you are complaining about
- your name, postal address, email address and phone number. We do not accept anonymous complaints, but your details will remain confidential.
We investigate all reasonable complaints, prioritising them according to their urgency and the potential harm. Depending on priority you may not receive an update for several weeks. High priority cases will be visited within 3 days and other cases within 4 weeks.
We will act proportionately, taking enforcement action where appropriate to remedy harm and when it is in the wider public interest. However, we will allow acceptable development even if it was initially unauthorised.
Our investigations may show that:
- no breach of planning has taken place
- the breach happened some time ago and is now immune from action
- there is a breach but we do not consider that it is expedient to take any action
- there is a breach, but planning permission would be likely to be given and so a planning application may be invited to regularise the situation
- there is a breach and we decide to take enforcement action, often by issuing an enforcement notice or breach of condition notice
Start the journey
More info about the journey
You will need the address of the property/site about which you are complaining.
We will contact you with an update, but this may not be for several weeks.