In order to keep our operatives safe during Covid-19, it would be appreciated if householders wash their hands as per NHS guidance and/or wear gloves when putting out their bins and boxes for collection. This will help minimise any chance of coronavirus cross contamination.
To ensure your bins and boxes are collected, please place them out the night before your scheduled collection.
Putting your recycling containers out for collection
- please stack your boxes as shown in the picture above
- place your blue food waste container or paper sack on the top box to act as a lid to prevent items from blowing away
- all recycling should be contained within your boxes
- cardboard should be folded or torn to fit inside your box
Side waste and overfilled black/green bins
- all waste must be contained inside your black/green bin with the lid closed
- overfilled or heavy bins cannot be emptied for health and safety reasons
- bags of waste left outside the black bin will not be collected unless by prior arrangement
- no additional waste will be collected from outside a green bin