7. Black bin
Your black bin is collected fortnightly. Please place your bin on the kerbside outside your home by 7am on your collection day.
What can I put in my black bin?
Please use your black bin for waste that cannot be recycled or composted.
- garden waste (please see composting and the garden waste collection service)
- recyclable waste
- DIY or trade waste
- food waste (food waste should be recycled in your outdoor food waste container)
Side waste and overfilled bins
- all waste must be contained inside your black bin
- overfilled or heavy bins cannot be emptied due to health and safety reasons
- bags of waste left outside the bin will not be collected unless by prior arrangement