We collect more waste than normal over Christmas and the new year. Please consider reducing, reusing and recycling wherever possible.
- you can recycle your foil in your black box including all your foil mince pie cases and cream tub foil lids.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept wrapping paper in your reusable sack.
- wrapping made of paper can be recycled from home as part of your cardboard collection, using your green recycling box, or taken to any of our cardboard recycling banks.
- shiny wrapping contains plastic and cannot be recycled, please put this in your black general waste bin
- Christmas cards that do not contain foil or glitter can be recycled from home as part of your cardboard collection using your green recycling box
- Christmas cards that contain foil or glitter or any other material cannot be recycled and should be placed in your black general waste bin for disposal
- all cardboard can be recycled using your green recycling box. Please make sure that your cardboard is folded or flattened to fit inside your box.
- large boxes that have been folded may still be too big to fit inside the opening on the collection lorry and will not be collected.
- food waste can be recycled in your food waste container
- we collect a lot of food waste over Christmas, please see our love food hate waste this Christmas for tips on how to reduce your food waste this Christmas
Real Christmas trees
- Real Christmas trees can be recycled at any of our drop off points in January, or they can be taken to one of Devon's Recycling Centres for free.
- Garden waste subscribers can place real Christmas trees inside their green bin provided the branches are less than 10cm thick. Christmas trees left outside of green bins will not be taken. Please remember to remove all decorations!