1. What is the garden waste collection service
We offer an optional charged garden waste collection service for residents who want us to collect their garden waste.
- If you sign up, you will have your garden waste collected from a green wheeled bin (240 litre), once a fortnight, except for during the Christmas break.
- Your green wheeled bin would be collected on your normal collection day, on the alternate week to your black wheeled bin.
- 1 September to 31 August
- garden waste bins are not emptied for two weeks after Christmas
- subscribers receive 25 collections during the collection year
- £55 per subscription period, per bin
- if you are in receipt of income related council tax benefit, you will pay a concessionary fee of £50 per subscription period, per bin
How many bins can I have?
- you can have up to four bins collected from your property
- each additional bin will be charged at a cost of £55 per subscription period
- concessions will apply on all bins
Can I join the service part way through the year?
You can join the service at any time during the subscription period but you will still be required to pay the full yearly amount for the remainder of the subscription period.