1. Order a set of recycling and waste containers
If you are moving into a newly built property, which has not been previously occupied. You will need to pay us to supply you with a set of waste and recycling containers.
- it costs £91.60 to have a full set of containers delivered
- if you are in receipt of income related council tax reduction (also known as CTR) you will pay a concessionary fee of £45.80
- 180L Black general waste bin
- 55L Green recycling box
- 55L Black recycling box
- 23L Food waste container
- Reusable sack for paper recycling
- 5L Indoor kitchen caddy
- The containers will be delivered to your property within 10 working days of payment
- Please order the containers once you have moved into your property. You can then take the containers onto your property after they have been delivered.
Do I have to pay for replacements?
- No, we will supply replacements free of charge. Containers remain the property of the Council.
What about green bins for garden waste?
- If you subscribe to the garden waste collection service you will be given a green bin to use as part of the service
Can I take my bins with me when I move?
No, these are not yours to take with you and need to remain for the next occupier. Containers remain the property of the Council
- Please contact us directly if you want to purchase for multiple properties
- If you are moving into a block of 4 or more flats. Please contact us directly as alternative containers may be more suitable for your circumstances.
Can I purchase my own bins from elsewhere?
- Yes, however these will only be emptied by the council if they are approved and meet the required design specifications and safety requirements
- Residents are required to participate fully in our recycling service and will need to supply all the necessary containers to do so.
- Please see our terms and conditions for bins purchased independently.
Once you have ordered your bin you will be advised what to do with your waste in the interim