1. Order a set of recycling and waste containers
If you are moving into a newly built property, which has not been previously occupied. You will need to pay us to supply you with a set of waste and recycling containers.
- it costs £80 to have a full set of containers delivered
- if you are in receipt of income related council tax reduction (also known as CTR) you will pay a concessionary fee of £40
- 180L Black general waste bin
- 55L Green recycling box
- 55L Black recycling box
- 23L Food waste container
- Reusable sack for paper recycling
- 5L Indoor kitchen caddy
- The containers will be delivered to your property within 10 working days of payment
- Please order the containers once you have moved into your property. You can then take the containers onto your property after they have been delivered.
Do I have to pay for replacements?
- No, we will supply replacements free of charge. Containers remain the property of the Council.
What about green bins for garden waste?
- If you subscribe to the garden waste collection service you will be given a green bin to use as part of the service
Can I take my bins with me when I move?
No, these are not yours to take with you and need to remain for the next occupier. Containers remain the property of the Council
- Please contact us directly if you want to purchase for multiple properties
- If you are moving into a block of 4 or more flats. Please contact us directly as alternative containers may be more suitable for your circumstances.
Can I purchase my own bins from elsewhere?
- Yes, however these will only be emptied by the council if they are approved and meet the required design specifications and safety requirements
- Residents are required to participate fully in our recycling service and will need to supply all the necessary containers to do so.
- Please see our terms and conditions for bins purchased independently.
Once you have ordered your bin you will be advised what to do with your waste in the interim
Start the journey
More info about the journey