8. Film Recycling at supermarkets
Some types of plastic films can be recycled at carrier bag collection points at the larger stores of most major supermarkets.
If you shop online most supermarkets will also allow you to hand back your unwanted bags back to the driver for recycling.
- As a general rule if you can stretch the film it can be recycled
- Tear off sticky labels wherever possible
- Make sure all items are clean and free of food
- Please don't recycle, compostable or biodegradable bags
For further information and to see which stores have plastic bag recycling facilities in your locality, please see recycle now's webpage on plastic film recycling.