3. Rural Aid
The Rural Aid fund is for the enhancement of community life; it is intended to support projects which:
- improve access to services
- develop and refurbish local community facilities and amenities
- address rural sustainability issues
- improve the health and wellbeing of the local community
- meet the needs of minority and vulnerable groups
- enhance strong local community support and involvement
Parish and town councils can each submit one funding application per year for up to £5000.
Towns and parishes within Dartmoor National Park are not eligible for Rural Aid, and should apply to the Dartmoor Communities Fund.
Applications cannot relate to the following forms of expenditure:
- the purchase of any moveable item (eg. vehicles or computer equipment)
- continued or ongoing revenue costs (eg. salaries or rental costs)
- funding for statutory functions or responsibilities of public bodies (eg. park / play area maintenance)
- projects which do not give public access (eg. projects on school properties or religious buildings)
- projects which have links to any political party
To apply for rural aid, please complete and submit the application form using the contact provided on the form.
To request grants for works already completed, please complete and submit a grant claim form.
Rural Aid is now closed for applications for 2017.