3. Dawlish Town Beach
A Marine Conservation Society recommended beach, Dawlish Town Beach is a short walk from the town centre and extends all the way to Red Rock at Dawlish Warren. From the beach you can take a boat or fishing trip around the bay where you may be lucky enough to spot a dolphin.
What's on offer?
- long beach
- nearby amusements
- mainline train station adjacent to the beach
- refreshment kiosk
- deckchair hire
- nearby public toilets/disabled toilets/baby care
- watercraft are allowed access to the beach using a marked access lane
Due to the ongoing repair works to the sea defences at Dawlish dogs are not permitted on the beach at present. We apologise for any inconvenience.
- dogs are permitted left of the main breakwater up to 100m from Red Rock Beach
- lifeguards do not patrol this beach
- first aid is not available
- watercraft are not allowed between the yellow marker buoys (May to September) and the shoreline to protect bather safety