4. Dawlish Warren Beach
Dawlish Warren prides itself on being one of the UK's finest beach resorts. Here you'll find a long beach, flanked by distinctive sand dunes and an internationally recognised nature reserve.
The Warren is designated as a Special Area of Conservation and boasts a wide variety of coastal habits, supporting over 600 different species of flowering plants and dune grasslands.
From May - September 2017 beach improvements works are taking place at Dawlish Warren beach. We are working with the Environment Agency on the £14million package of works which include replenishing the beach with sand, upgrading timber groynes and putting in new defences.
This will mean sections of the beach being closed off at certain times but we hope to keep disruption to a minimum and complete it before the July school summer holidays.
What's on offer?
- award-winning family beach
- safe open spaces for family recreation
- shops, cafes and bars
- National Nature Reserve
- beach hut hire
- deck chair hire
- RNLI beach lifeguards service (weekends between Whitsun and the end of June then daily in July and August)
- public/disabled toilets, baby changing and shower
- mainline train station 5 minute walk from the beach
- dogs are permitted between groyne 3 and 9 all year round
Sorry, to protect the very special environment
- dogs are not permitted beyond groyne 9 all year round
- no powered watercraft
- no fires or BBQs
- no horse riding
- no metal detecting
- no collecting driftwood