7. Ness Cove Beach
A Seaside Award and Marine Conservation Society recommended beach, Ness Cove lies at the foot of the magnificent Ness Headland at the mouth of the Teign Estuary.
Access is via an original smugglers tunnel to a secluded and picturesque sand and shingle beach.
What's on offer?
- secluded beach
- rock pools
- approach golf
- Shaldon Zoo
- nearby parking
- toilets and baby care at the top of the smugglers tunnel
- nearby refreshments
- Tourist Information Centre (seasonal only)
- watercraft are allowed access to the beach using a marked access lane
- dogs are permitted all year round
- lifeguards do not patrol this beach
- first aid is not available
- watercraft are not allowed between the yellow marker buoys and the shoreline to protect bather safety
- no wheelchair access