8. Shaldon Beach
Marine Conservation Society recommended beach. Shaldon Beach gently shelves towards the estuary mouth with views over Teignmouth and Dartmoor. The beach can be accessed from Teignmouth via one of the oldest passenger ferries. Close to the village centre, it makes for a perfect setting to watch all the fisherman and boats in the estuary.
What's on offer?
- sandy beach
- picturesque fishing village
- nearby shops, cafes and bars
- passenger ferry to Teignmouth
- Approach golf course nearby (open all year round)
- nearby parking
- public/disabled toilets and baby care
- dogs are not permitted from 1 April to 30 September along the seashore between the Clipper Quay and the steps to the beach approximately 410 metres south east of the Clipper Quay
- lifeguards do not patrol this beach
- swimming is not recommended on this beach due to strong tidal currents
- first aid is not available
For more information about this beach please contact 01626 873723.