9. Teignmouth Town Beach and River Beach
Teignmouth Town Beach
A long sandy beach stretches from the mouth of the River Teign down towards Holcombe. Whether you choose to stroll along the Victorian Promenade and Pier, to watch the working fishing boats, or to visit the children's play area or adventure golf course, Teignmouth has everything to make the perfect family day out.
What's on offer?
- sandy beach
- amusements and children's play area
- adventure golf
- skate park
- deckchairs for hire
- activity trail
- RNLI lifeguard service (Whitsun to first week in September)
- public/disabled toilets, baby care and shower
- watercraft are allowed access to the beach using a marked access lane
- dogs are not permitted on the main beach between the slipway at Eastcliff and the lighthouse at the point (1 May to 30 September). Dogs are permitted from the lighthouse at the point around to the back beach and between Eastcliff and Holcombe.
- watercraft are not allowed between the yellow marker buoys and the shoreline to protect bather safety
Located on the estuary side of the town this charming beach really does transport you to days gone by. Local fisherman mend nets, sand eels are caught, boats bob up and down with the tide and children splash and play. Take time to relax and breathe in the sea air.
The views of the Upper Teign estuary looking towards Dartmoor are spectacular, particularly just as the sun is setting or rising. Doesn't matter what time of year, the view remains breathtaking.
What's on offer?
- refreshment kiosks
- parking including disabled parking
- disabled toilets
- pleasure boat cruises
- ferry to Shaldon
- public houses
- pleasure boat hire
- fishing trips
- dogs are permitted all year round
- no lifeguards