Cookies information

We use cookies to make the site simpler. Find out more about the cookies we use.

Organising an event

Show all parts of this guide

2. How do I hire land from the council?

Booking an event can involve a wide range of elements – all of which have to be considered before the event is confirmed by the Parks and Open Spaces team.

For events on Teignbridge District Council owned land 

Charities and other organisations must have a minimum of five stalls attending the event including your own stall (bouncy castles and donkey rides do not form part of the five) in order for your event to be approved. You may wish to consider attending one of our organised charity days instead.

Managing risk applies to events of any size. Contact us if you would like a copy of our Guide to Organising Safe Events, which has some helpful information for event organisers.

As a result of your application you may be invited to attend a Teignbridge Safety Advisory Group meeting. For more information please refer to: The Purple Guide  to Health, Safety and Welfare at Music and Other Events.


Event organisers will be asked about their safeguarding arrangements by the local Safeguarding Advisory Group. A robust risk assessment will enable them to demonstrate they have thought about the likely issues and will show how they plan to deal with them.  

Event application process

Part 1

This must be submitted six months in advance of the proposed event to check if the venue is available, and the event is suitable for our land. Contact us for a Part 1 application form.

Part 2

If you receive confirmation that the site is available and the event you are planning is feasible, you can proceed with a full application (Part 2). This must be submitted with a non-refundable fee at least three months before the date of the event and will require a lot of preparatory work.  Once Part 1 has been approved, you will be sent Part 2 for completion. 

Please note charges apply. 

For events not on our leased or licensed land, please contact for an event notification form which you will need to complete and return with your event management plan and risk assessment.