1. Walk This Way
Walk This Way offers a variety of walks across Teignbridge, welcoming all ages and abilities. Get walking, meet new people and explore the countryside all on your doorstep - you will soon feel the benefits that gentle exercise can bring!
How do I join and where do these walks take place?
All you need to do is find your local walk from the training calendar and just turn up. You will be asked to complete a short registration form and off you go. Walks take place Monday to Saturday, every week throughout the year.
How long are the walks and how do I know their suitability?
Walks often have frequent pauses to admire the beauty of our natural environment. Some may stop for a refreshment break during the walk whilst others wait until the end of their walk to enjoy a well deserved cuppa and a chat. Your walk level guide to exploring your countryside:
- short walk up to 30 minutes
- flat paths or gentle slopes
- mainly firm surfaces with no steps or stiles
- suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs, and for those with little or no experience of exercise or walking
- medium length walk of 30 to 60 minutes
- may include moderate steps, stiles or slopes and uneven surfaces
- ideal for those needing to increase their activity levels
- long walk of 45 to 90 minutes
- routes will be on uneven surfaces and include stiles, steps and steeper inclines
- ideal for those looking for more challenging walks and to increase activity levels
- progress walk of 90 minutes and longer
- footpaths, tracks and pavements, possibly uneven terrain and a few moderate-steep gradients
- may include the use of stiles or steps
- can possibly be wet/muddy underfoot depending on weather.
To become a voluntary walk leader please contact us for details or visit Walking for Health.