The Police and Crime Commissioners (PCCs) are elected every four years. The next election is due to take place on Thursday 2 May 2024 and the Notice of Election will be published at 5pm on Wednesday 20 March.
Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, the planned PCC elections in 2020 were delayed until May 2021, so it is just three years since the last PCC election was held.
The PCC election in Devon and Cornwall with the Isles of Scilly is being co-ordinated by Plymouth City Council. The Chief Executive of Plymouth City Council has been appointed Police Area Returning Officer (PARO) for the entire electoral area, with each of the local authorities within Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly organising the election process for their own areas in line with PARO directions.
- Deadline for submitting electoral registration applications: 12 midnight on Tuesday 16 April
- Deadline for submitting new postal vote applications: 5pm Wednesday 17 April
- Deadline to change or cancel existing absent vote arrangements: 5pm Wednesday 17 April
- Deadline for submitting applications for Photo ID (Voter Authority Certificates): 5pm Wednesday 24 April
- Deadline for submitting new proxy vote applications: 5pm Wednesday 24 April
- Polling day: 7am to 10pm Thursday 2 May
Plymouth City Council will be responsible for holding events for prospective candidates and accepting and checking nominations.